When it comes to a bedroom, we want to have a comfortable and cozy one so it gives extra comfort for resting. Sometimes, you want to have cuddle time with your significant other and enjoy the time together whether to celebrate your anniversary, Valentine’s day, birthday, or just simply to spend quality time all day together. However, in this pandemic, it’s difficult to go outside so why not organizing a romantic night right in your own bedroom?
(You may want to read this: White Bedroom Ideas: 20+ Gorgeous Decors You Will Admire)
How to Create Romantic Vibe in Bedrooms
There are some supplies that you might need to create a romantic night right in your bedroom:
- Mood lightings (lamps, LED, etc.)
- Decorative lightings (string or fairy light – optional)
- Scented candles
- Aromatherapy oils/diffuser (optional)
- Rose petals (optional)
- Audio player (optional)
As you can see that these supplies are quite simple and affordable to buy so you don’t need to buy tons of luxurious stuff that you will no longer use once the event is wrapped up.
- First of all, make sure to switch off your overhead lighting or bright chandelier because you don’t want to have a romantic ambiance with lighting that is too bright. Why? Simple, because if it’s too bright, where’s the romantic atmosphere comes from?
- For lightings, replace your usual bright lighting with softer, warmer, and dimmer light by using mood lightings from LED lamps or fairy lights. With this kind of lighting, you can create a more romantic look that looks different from your normal bedroom ambiance.
(You may want to read this: Minimalist Bedroom Ideas: 20+ Design Trends with Latest Decor)
2. Good Scent
- Another option that can add both a decorative look and a relaxing vibe is scented candles. This is the basic item that many people use to create a romantic look. Try to choose candles with a soft scent because it can stimulate the mood even more. Instead of using colored candles, choose white ones with different sizes so it looks more balanced. Once you get the candles, put them in a group in some corners of the bedroom with a combination of various sizes.
- If scented candles are not your style and you already have aromatherapy oils and a diffuser, you may also use them to save more budget for other stuff.
(You may want to read this: Bohemian Bedroom Ideas: 25+ Catchy Decors You’ll Fall In Love With)
3. Flower Petals
- Rose petals are optional items that you can use to enhance the romantic atmosphere even more. Of course, you don’t have to use real rose petals because it may hard to find. You can use whether artificial petals or confetti with petals shapes. It can be used in the bed, floor, bathtub, or stairs if your bedroom is upstairs.
(You may want to read this: Neutral Bedroom Ideas: 20+ Chic Decor with a Pop of Color)
4. Complete with Music
Although this point is optional, you might still want to consider using this method to add a more romantic vibe by playing slow romantic songs, especially if you have memorable songs that your other half and you know. Other than music, you can also complete the coziness by adding another decoration like a canopy, draperies, and silk fabric in warm or vibrant colors.
Now, you don’t have to go to a luxury hotel or resort to get a romantic night because you can get it by yourself right in your bedroom!