The dining room is one of the busy areas in a house that has high-traffic so it’s very common to find any kind of spot from spills to dirt. This kind of spot can be found easily in both a dining table and chairs. Well, maybe not all dining chairs have spots on them but one thing for sure is that those who have old dining chairs may find some tired or worn-out spots that will make it looks less attractive.
Instead of buying new furniture that costs you more, why not just recover it with new fabric? It’s definitely more affordable and easy to do. For some processes, it may easy to do but will suck more time, especially if you have a few dining chairs in a set. If you’re the type of person who loves DIY stuff and planning to recover your dining chairs, keep reading this page!
(You may also love these: Neutral Dining Room Ideas: 10+ Designs for Elegant Look)
Let’s start the process by preparing some tools and materials that you will need:
- Safety gears
- New fabric
- Tape measure/ruler
- Staple gun with staple
- Plier (optional)
- Utility knife (optional)
(You may also love these: How to Fill In Dining Room Walls with 10 Creative Ways)
1. Remove the Cushion
The very first step is by removing the cushion from the chairs. You will have to:
- Check at the bottom part of the chair because usually, the cushion is held to the chair by using nails or screws.
- If it uses nails to tighten the cushion, use a plier or utility knife to remove them. If it’s a screw, use a screwdriver to take it off from each corner.
- Once the cushion to shape the new cover.
(You may also love these: Casual Dining Room Ideas: 10+ Simple Layout for Cozier Meal Time)
2. Make a New Cover
Once you’re done with step 1, now let’s move forward to the next step.
- Bring the new fabric, scissor, measuring tape, and marker as the base
- By using the old fabric, create a new shape by placing it on top of the new fabric, and mark each spot with a pen or marker.
- If you want to make sure the size of the fabric and cushion, use a ruler or measuring tape to help you. We also recommend giving extra excess of the fabric since it’s better to have a longer part than shorter.
- Once the right shape is made, trace the shape and cut it with a scissor.
(You may also love these: Navy Dining Room Ideas: 10+ Trendy Shades You Have to Consider)
3. It’s Almost Done!
Now you only have the last step to finish the whole process by following these steps:
- Take a newly shaped cover and use it to cover the cushion.
- On the bottom part of the cushion, make sure to hold the fabric with the cushion by using a staple gun. Also, please ensure to remove the excess fabric around the cushion and make each corner neat by using glue or staple.
- The last step is installing the cushion back to the chair. Just like how you have disassembled it, use the nails or screws to fasten it.
- Congratulate yourself!
(You may also love these: Coastal Dining Room Ideas: 25+ Inspirations to Brighten Your Mood)
Killing your quarantine time by redecorating your furniture can be a great moment to both refresh your mind and get your home a new face. So, what are you waiting for? Grab your tools now!