Every room in a house has its own ‘unique’ problems that you can’t just ignore. As for bathrooms, most homeowners might have the same experience with bathroom problems such as stinky odor, roaches, and mold. Mold is one of the problems that happen a lot in a bathroom because of the damp and moisture. Although mold is not as disgusting as roaches or stinky odor, it’s still something that can damage your bathroom look and paint.
(You may also love these: How To Clean Bathroom Sink with 4 Simple Tricks)
How to Clean and Prevent Mold from Bathroom Ceiling
Since the cause of mold is a damp ambiance, some simple methods that you can do to prevent it from coming again are:
- Clean your bathroom regularly
- Throw away wet or damp clothes and towels
- Get better ventilation
- Check for any leaks
- If needed, get help from companies that provides a total cleaning service
Below we have some tips on how to remove and prevent mold from coming to your bathroom again.
1. Regular Cleaning
Regular cleaning is one of the prevention measures that you can use to keep everything clean by checking if there’s a leak. Once you spot this leak, try to fix it as soon as possible.
Some things to ensure your cleaning process goes smoothly is by not doing these:
- Turning on the exhaust fan because it might help spores to spread out.
- Touching the mold with bare hands.
- Removing the mold with a dry cloth. Please make sure to use a damp one.
- If you use chemical products, open the window to get better airflow while cleaning.
(You may also love these: Green Bathroom Ideas: 10+ Fresh Inspirations You Might Love)
We all know that bleach is used often to remove any stain. To use this product, there are some supplies and tools that you have to prepare:
- Protection gears
- Dusting cloths
- Spray bottle
The steps are:
- Put on the gloves and mask to prevent irritation that comes from the bleach.
- Mix 1 part of bleach and 2 parts of water in a spray bottle.
- Apply the mixture to the affected area, let it sit, and dry.
- Once it’s dry, wipe it away with a damp cloth or rinse with water.
- The other way to make bleach dilute is by mixing it in a bowl and dip one end of the cloth.
- If you still see the mold, you can repeat the steps until you’re satisfied with the result.
(You may also love these: Kids Bathroom Ideas: 10+ Fun Inspirations to Excite Your Little Ones)
Vinegar is one of the natural products that is very functional when it comes to a cleaning product. You will need:
- Protective tools (mask and gloves)
- Plain water
- Clean cloths
- White distilled vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Scrubbing brush (optional)
The steps that you have to do are quite similar to the previous steps:
- Pour white vinegar into a spray bottle without mixing it with water.
- Spray the vinegar to the affected spot and let it dry for about an hour. In this step, it’s recommended to open your window to ventilate the area.
- After an hour, wipe it away by using a damp cloth.
- Make sure that the wiped area is dry so you can use a dry cloth in this step to prevent it becomes damp.
(You may also love these: Minimalist Bathroom Ideas: 23+ Chic Inspirations You Have To See)
4. Other Chemical
You can also use other products like ammonia, borax, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda. As for baking soda, you can mix it with either vinegar or bleach at the very first step.
- If you’re going to use baking soda, you can mix 1 tsp of baking soda and water until it becomes a paste.
- Apply it to the affected spot and wait for a few minutes.
- After, you can continue with the next product to give a clean look.
(You may also love these: Scandinavian Bathroom Ideas: 18+ Mesmerizing Inspirations You’ll Love)
We hope that these tips can help to keep your bathroom clean and free from mold. Happy cleaning!